Applications are welcome from academic and practice based researchers, who can demonstrate that their project will have a practical positive impact on the welfare of these animals.
There is a two stage application process. In the first stage applicants must submit a project overview form which gives a summary of the project.
Forms may be submitted by post or by email to email@example.com. Forms submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Trustees consider the project overviews and decide whether to invite applicants to submit a full application form. We do not give feedback on unsuccessful applications.
To help you decide whether to submit a project overview, please also refer to the AWF Research Guidelines for applicants which detail the information that is required for a full application.
Funding is not normally available:
• for projects based outside the UK;
• for travel costs that are not part of a larger agreed project;
• to undergraduates;
• to cover ongoing costs or any day to day expenses not directly associated with the project;
• for capital projects, for example the construction of animal hospitals or shelters;
• for goods or services bought before the AWF award is confirmed i.e. funding is not available retrospectively;
• for goods or services not mentioned in the initial application to the Foundation.
Successful applications will be subject to AWF’s grant terms and conditions pdf.
If you have a question about the process contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 908 6375